Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Accepted!

I've been accepted to Trinity College under the Trans Atlantic Science Student Exchange Program. I was also awarded the Gilman Scholarship! Trinity took about 2 months to reply, I was really scared! I was probably one of the last students accepted because I was so late turning in my forms! It's that Irish in me - though,  I don't suggest you do this, or give them that excuse either. 

So I booked my flight on Aerlingus.com for $711. Five days later wachovia is charging me an extra $25 international fee, when I paid is USD! Apparently there is a 3% fee on all foreign transactions, no matter what the currency.

I am going to be staying with a host family that I found on homestayweb.com

Tips:
Book as early as possible
Try Orbitz/Hotwire to avoid foreign transaction fees
Check with your credit/debit bank co. about their outrageous extra fees

No comments:

Post a Comment